This is a project that wasn’t even started in my last post on ongoing projects – it was that fast! It’s a small project tote – inspired by this fulled version, but I didn’t really follow the pattern.

Yarn: Vlnap Exclusive in #82239 with embellishments in #82244. It’s a rather coarse, 100% wool superwash yarn, which worked up very quickly.

Hook: 7 mm (yarn calls for 5-5,5, but 7 mm gave a much better grip on the yarn).

I actually finished the body of this a couple of days ago, but I wasn’t happy with it – the dull grey gave it lacklustre appearance. Last night I decided to add a border and a flower (something which I usually think looks stupid).

This is how I made the flower (after trying in vain to make sense of a few flower patterns I had):

1) Ch 2. In second ch from hook, make 6 sc to form a circle, working tail into the circle. If desired, sl st to first ch. Pull on tail to close the centre of the circle.
2) 2 sc in every st (12).
3) *Ch 2, dc in same st (dc, ch 2, sl st all in next st)* repeat 6 times. Finish off. Use tails to fasten flower to bag (or other item).

I’m thinking that you could probably make the petals more distinctive by using tr or even dtr instead of dc but that would probably look better in cotton rather than a bulky woollen yarn.

Advertisements