Sjuende prosjekt detalj
Originally uploaded by ceecrochet.

The baby blanket is finally finished. It was crocheted in Dale Baby Ull in #9013 and needed a little over 5 50 g balls. I chose this colour because it’s bright and nice but gender-neutral. Babies don’t have to be gendered in their first few days…

I wanted it to be warm yet light and airy, as the baby will be born in the late Nordic summer.

It was crocheted after my own “pattern” on a 5mm hook and measures 86 by 67 cm.

How I made it:

Ch 119. Ch 3 to turn.

Row 1: Dc in every stitch. Ch 3 to turn

Row 2: Dc in first four stitches. *Ch 1 and skip stitch. Dc in next stitch* Repeat until four stitches left. Dc in last four stitches. Ch 3 to turn

Row 3: Same as row 2

Row 4: Dc in every stitch.

Row 5: Dc in first four stitches. *Ch 2 and skip two stitches. Dc in next stitch* Repeat until four stitches left. Dc in last four stitches. Ch 3 to turn

Row 6: Same as row 5

Row 7: Dc in every stitch.

I repeated this pattern until the blanket measured about 75-76 centimetres, then added one row of sc and one row of four dc shells around the edge of the blanket.

One important thing I learnt from this project: Every so often, lay out your project on a flat surface to make sure you’re doing it right. I had to frog several times because I’d forgotten where in the pattern I was and switched rows without noticing. And there is one ugly mistake I didn’t notice until I was done with the finishing ;-(

Advertisements